Saturday, August 25, 2007


Well today was great, I had breakfast with a CMA chapter. CMA is Christian Motorcycle Association. It was clear those folks loved the Lord, and wanted to serve Him. They went for a ride after breakfast and their meeting and hopefully got to let their youth ride- that was the plan.

I came home because I wanted to go work a little bit on the trail I adopted. That is the picture- looking down the trail. Our dogs needed an outing as well so they could spend some time neither penned up or leashed. I wound up working only about an hour and a half. A thunderstorm blew in and the rain was pleasantly chilly. Of course I was back to the vehicle before the rain started. Hopefully I did some good, I feel an all over soreness and tiredness- the good kind.

Once I finish this I'm going to go read for my study skills class, I've taken two days off, and I want to keep exploring.

Interestingly I'm reading at two places in the Bible, in one place they are about to crucify Jesus and the Pharisees are claiming "no prophet ever comes from Galilee". Then I get to review and a prophecy is quoted that Christ will be called a Nazarene.

Here are my thoughts on Matthew 2, It tells the story of the wise men from the east following the star to Bethlehem. They must have been very important for King Herod to see them, they were also knowledgeable about what the star meant. King Herod knew enough to ask about the prophecy and who to ask, but he couldn't accept God's will because he tried to kill Jesus, and consequently all male children from the town of Bethlehem below the age of two. People are so quick to sacrifice others for what they want. It is utter foolishness to fight against what God is doing. God communicated to the wise men through dreams as well as Joseph to tell him to flee to Egypt. He later directed Joseph to bring Jesus and Mary back to Israel and told them where to settle. The prophesy said He would be called a Nazarene, but the Pharisees state that no prophets ever come from Galilee of which Nazareth is a town.

No comments: