Thursday, August 16, 2007

August 16, 2007

Blogging is a way for me to share what God has shared with me. I think it will be neat to try and see God through the sharing of my life experiences. This morning I was awakened early, and in general haven't been getting much sleep. I had been thinking about creating this blog, and what to do for a picture? how much personal information to share? how it might be viewed by my employer? how it might be viewed by my family?

In considering these things I came to the realization that most people do not care what I think, nor do they want to hear my opinions on topics. To that I further realized that most people don't want to hear what God thinks or His opinion either. So someone having an issue with my posts I will consider to be of minimal risks- nobody has ever hung on my every word. In terms of personal information I decided against a picture - who cares what I look like. I was made in the image of God (as were we ALL). The personal information will be minimal, but I may change it over time.

Interestingly I started about a year ago a thoughts on the new testament. I wrote it so it could be shared, and hopefully someone might find some help in the words, and maybe comfort. Maybe even a change in perspective or at least consideration of it. There is a great deal of mis-communication in this world, and often people look at issues from too narrow a perspective. Sharing thoughts between people lead to understanding and personal growth. This is an excellent way to do that, although very few people will probably read it or care. I'm going to review my previous thoughts and post some of that and hopefully continue them. As I age and have life experiences, some of them will show up here as well- at least that is my hope.

I personally have been trying to be more positive, and I don't wish anyone any harm. I have lots of "struggle" areas, and am usually seeking to become a better person. Some of those may end up in posts.

Anyway, its an outline and a start.

No comments: