Sunday, October 11, 2009

Just when you think you're getting it...

Its been an interesting weekend. I thought I was doing well with my relationship to God and then He showed me some things that make me feel so small, and that I have a ways to go.

I think I have caught His vision of how the world should be. The one where we help each other out, take care of our brothers first, and not worry about ourselves. Focus on lives that magnify Him and stress Him. In looking at that world as compared to where we are, its really very depressing. Its also frustrating, and should be a signal to drive us to our knees.

God made the world, and He makes new things (life) for us everyday. I was reminded this morning. So there is hope. I need to set aside a prayer closet- literally. I was trying to get away to the outdoors to pray, but it seldom works out. I'll think of trail conditions or some work problem and will not pray and focus like I should. I intend to make it more of a priority. The prayer book I mentioned in my last post makes a lot of good points.

Jesus went to a secluded place often, and He knew what the Father was doing. We're so quick to claim we're too busy for that kind of relationship, and yet most of feel at some level that there is something missing in our lives. Might I suggest God? Might I suggest He is awaiting you to truly put Him first and ask His guidance on your cares?

No comments: