Friday, January 25, 2008

Wow - two posts in two days....

I am working diligently at finishing the new testament, I had the thought last night to start over in NASB for this year and just blog my raw comments. When I get to the NT I may review my notes, as I read it, as I blog my raw thoughts over the coming months. I look forward to what the Lord will show me each time I read it, and so far its been different. I hope you will be blessed by God.

Matthew 15 Some Pharisees went to Jesus, not He did not go to them but rather they went to Him and asked Him why His disciples break traditions. He responded by asking them why they transgress commandments. Through years of misinterpretation they had developed traditions that they felt followed God's will but in fact some of these traditions came about by their attempt to circumvent God's commands. He gave an example of the loophole they developed to justify taking money for parental support and making it part of their gifts to God.
He then says that out of the mouth comes the things of the heart. The way we truly feel will manifest itself into our words, and it may not be cursing and foul language. It may be a lack of joy or a bad attitude, or cynicism, or quick retorts that open a window onto the condition of our heart.
I also find it interesting that He warns people about following men, the blind guide example. At some point everyone needs to develop their own personal relationship with God to the point where they do not depend on others solely for guidance, but rather a reinforcement of what God has already told them.
The Canaanite women He did not speak to, but held true to His mission and the direction of God. In speaking with her though He did grant her request once she acknowledged who He was. Later the Bible records that He had compassion on the jews as the sick, and possessed were brought to Him he healed them.
Then He fed the 4000, again more leftovers were taken up than they started with.

No comments: