Saturday, November 24, 2007

A short update today, its been busy, I've seen the effects of how lives not lived for Christ hurt not only the person not living it, but those around them. I see that more and more, and I also see the solution rejected because it means change, so how appropriate is Matthew ch 11.

Tomorrow is my birthday, I think I'll limit my driving, or maybe pursue my idea to preheat water going into the water heater. I don't know whether to work on the trail, or maybe just hike it once. I hope everybody has a blessed day tomorrow.


Matthew 11 In Chapter 11 Jesus says nobody born of woman has been greater than John the Baptist. So in terms of human birth John the Baptist was a significant figure in History. However even that fact pales in comparison to those born by the spirit into the kingdom of God. Then Jesus talks about how fickle people are, they criticized John for his behavior, manners, eating habits, etc, and they also criticized Jesus for His mannerisms. People are curious about the kingdom of God but quick to dismiss it. Probably because it doesn't fit with their human plans. It means change at a personal level and admission that we as people are not perfect or even close.
Not long ago I was reminded of the saying about "being too heavenly minded to be any earthly good". Those that don't say that specifically act it out and refer to Christians as "religious", or somehow want us to separate our lives for Christ from our lives for this world. This is what Jesus is addressing in Matthew 11. In the past I have made the "distinction" between duty to Christ and duty in the world, but as I age I see that making that distinction is usually used as my excuse to not be the way I should be in ALL things.
Then at the end is the call for the weary and heavy laden, take His yoke for it is easy and His burden is light.

No comments: