Saturday, February 16, 2008

I've now commented on the entire new testament. Every chapter. It will be something to read again as I re-read the Bible. God will show me new things this year I'm sure. Additionally finishing up in revelation was wonderfully enlightening. That book talks about the big picture of the end. The details of the end, and the happenings both on heaven and earth. Maybe it was God's time to show me, I'm wonderfully at peace now with the future. He holds it and He is in control.

This year I'm going back to NASB for the reading version. I've already mostly finished Proverbs. I may try to read them daily. The chapter that corresponds to the date. Who knows.

Well I found the oldest entry not put on the blog and put it here tonight. It is very thought provoking. I don't believe we can spend enough time with God, or fellow believers. Its also amazing the awareness I'm gainig of His presence in my life. I hope that continues and grows,because I'm not there yet.

Mark 8 This Chapter is Mark's version of what I have already discussed to some extent. I did find one very thought provoking passage in verse 2. Jesus felt compassion for the people following Him BECAUSE they remained with Him three days. In our time we feel Godly if we manage to spend 3 hours with Jesus in the course of a week. Those people gave up job responsibilities, family (or brought their families with them), agricultural duties to spend three days with Jesus. What would happen to each of us if we spent three days with Jesus? Would our priorities change? If we listed our "needs" before and after would they change? How so. It would be a neat experience.
The striving to save our lives when Jesus says we should lose our lives in Him. Its all about our focus, is our focus on ourselves and our needs, or is it on others like Jesus' focus is?

No comments: